10:00 AM Worship Service in Person and Livestream on You Tube & Facebook.
Sunday School, Childcare and Valet Parking provided.
(Parking is around the corner at The Guild, 260 68th Street.)
Mondays @ 7:00 PM
Alpha Program (meets fall and spring)
A great way to reach out to those who need an answer. 10-week seasonal discussion group on the foundations of the Christian faith.
CURRENTLY IN RECESS.
Email us of your interest.
Second Tuesday of the Month
7:00 - 9:00 PM
Young Adults Meeting
CURRENTLY IN RECESS.
Wednesdays @7:00 PM
Weekly Prayer Meeting on ZOOM
Meeting ID: 835 881 256 88
Fridays (Twice Monthly-Upcoming March 12 & 19
Meeting begins @ 8:00pm on ZOOM
Meeting ID: 665 740 8306
Men's and Ladies' Breakfast Fellowships
These groups meet periodically for breakfast on a Saturday at 9:30 a.m..
E-mail us to receive notification.
Reach us during the week at:
Gateway City Church
257/267 Bay Ridge Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11220
718.921.4673 | office
718.680.9733 | fax
Rev. Roger McPhail, Sr. Pastor
MAKE A DONATION TO GATEWAY CITY CHURCH
411 - SUNDAY BULLETINS
Pastoral Bios | What We Believe | The Way We Worship
- The Bible, which is made up of both the Old and New Testaments, to be the divinely inspired Word of God. As such, we accept the scriptures as the revelation of God Himself and His redemptive plan for mankind. We further accept the Bible as our final authority for faith and doctrine.
- There is one personal God eternally existent in three distinct persons as revealed in the Scriptures and in creation; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, in His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- The future return of Jesus Christ to this earth to rule and reign for a thousand years. We believe in the blessed hope, the "catching away" of the Church at Christ's coming. (By "church" we mean all Born-Again believers everywhere throughout the entire world.)
- All men (this is - male and female) were created in the image and likeness of God, but in his natural, unregenerate state, man is fallen, depraved being separated from God forever through Adam's transgression in the Garden of Eden. Further, man is incapable of altering this condition of his own will or ability and is therefore doomed to an eternal state totally separated from God (A state which the Scriptures refer to as "lost" or "damned".)
- In the personal regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to salvation. This experience, which the Bible refers to as the New Birth, is an experience of Grace, through Faith freely performed by the Holy Spirit to as many as believe and accept Jesus Christ as Savior and follow Him as Lord.
- In the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of our spirits, minds and bodies in answer to believing prayer. Furthermore, since we understand the source of illness to be not only organic but spiritual (demonic) as well, we believe that every believer had the authority according to the Scriptures, in Jesus' name, to rebuke and cast out the spirit (demon) causing the condition as discerned by the believer through the Holy Spirit.
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:4 is given to every believer who asks for it. This baptism of power is evidence by speaking in an unlearned language (tongues) according to the experiences recorded in Scripture by the Samaritan, and Ephesian believers, as well as, the believers in the upper room and those of Cornelius' household.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life. This is a progressive work of the Spirit in the believer ultimately leading to a state of sinless perfection in Heaven.